Insurance & Billing
Thank you for selecting Memorial's primary care physician network for your healthcare needs. Please take a moment to review this important information about payment. It will help you better understand how your bill will be handled.
Forms of Payment
Contact an Account Representative by telephone at 800-577-5368 to pay with your credit card, e-check or debit card. We accept MasterCard, Visa and Discover credit cards. Account Representatives are available Monday through Friday from 7:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. (except holidays).
We accept most forms of insurance.
These include Medicare, Medicaid, certain health maintenance organizations (HMO) and preferred provider organizations (PPO) plans and most other health insurances. All claims will be submitted, on your behalf, to your insurance company. However, it is up to you to check with your insurance to know what is covered.
Participating Health Plans
- Blue Cross PPO
- Blue Cross MHOI/PHAI
- Consociate Group
- Coventry Advantra Silver
- Coventry National
- Coventry Healthcare of Illinois (PPO, OAP, Tier 2)
- Coventry Healthcare of Missouri
- First Health
- Great West Healthcare
- Health Alliance Medical Plans (PPO, HMO, Medicare)
- Healthlink (PPO, HMO, OAP Tier 1)
- Humana Choice Care
- Preferred Plan/Interplan
- Today's Options/Universal American
If you are unable to pay your bill, you may be eligible for financial assistance.
Five Fast Facts on the Affordable Care Act's Health Insurance Marketplace
(Also called the Health Insurance Exchange)
1. As a provision of the affordable Care Act (ACA), uninsured Americans can enroll in insurance plans through the Health Insurance Marketplace (HIM) through March 2014. Coverage can begin as soon as Jan. 1, 2014. The HIM in Illinois is named “Get Covered Illinois.”
2. The HIM is designed to help uninsured persons find a health insurance plan in their area that fits their needs and budget. The Marketplace also helps determine if applicants qualify for Medicaid coverage.
3. Memorial Health System participates for all options in three health insurance plans offered through the Marketplace:
Call (800) 851-3379
Blue Cross Blue Shield:
Call (877) 908-9520 or visit choosebcbsil.com
Land of Lincoln Health:
Call (888) 858-9130 or visit landoflincolnhealth.org
4. Visit GetCoveredIllinois.gov, HealthCare.gov or call (800) 318-2596 to get more information on enrolling.
5. In-person counselors, or navigators, are available to assist with enrollment at no cost at a number of social service agencies in central Illinois, including:
Illinois Stewardship Alliance
230 Broadway St. | (217) 720-0453
Springfield Urban League
100 N. 11th St. | (217) 522-0407, ext. 1451
Family Guidance Centers
120 N. 11th St. | (855) 328-6392
Central Counties Health Centers
2239 E. Cook St. | (217) 788-2300
SIU Center for Family Medicine
520 N. Fourth St. | (217) 545-8000
Sangamon County Department of Public Health
2833 South Grand Ave. E. | (217) 535-3100
Springfield Urban League Male Involvement Site
710 N. Clay | (217) 522-0407, ext. 1451
Jacksonville Area Center for Independent Living
15 Permac Road | (217) 245-8371
Morgan County Health Department
345 W. State St. | (217) 245-5111
Christian County Department of Public Health
902 W. Springfield Road | (217) 824-4113
Visit the Illinois Health Insurance Marketplace website to print a brochure with more information on the enrollment process.